Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My First Cat Bed Project and Second Non-Scarf Project


This pink cat bed with a white bottom all of it a blend of acrylic "fun fur" aka. "eyelash yarn" and "Encore" (part wool and part acrylic) "knitted together as if one yarn". Modeled closely on the Princess Snowball cat bed pattern from Stitch N' Bitch, a Knitter's Handbook.
Feline model: 'Scilla 'Scilla
One close male friend enthused, "How adorable, 'Scilla 'Scilla looks like she is floating in a pink cloud".
This was a Christmas gift for my closest knitting friend. Her 2 beautiful cats 'Scilla 'Scilla and Toby love this cat bed and relax in it often. As she is the far more experienced knitter of the two of us, she and I consulted closely together toward the successful conclusion of this project. This is my first project involved knitting a knitted shape other than rectangular, (scarves and cell phone cozy) And one of my first completed projects that isn't a scarf as I incorporate more increases and decreases into my knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! If you wanna get paid every time your blog is seen please CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!